The geodetic survey of RK Kastel typically involves the use of geodetic techniques to measure and map the topography and features of the area where the building is located. Geodetic surveys are often conducted to gather precise spatial data, which can be used for various purposes such as construction, land development, and infrastructure planning.
During a geodetic survey, surveyors use specialized equipment, such as total stations, GPS receivers, and laser scanners, to collect data points that define the shape and elevation of the terrain. These data points are then processed and analyzed to create accurate maps, digital terrain models, or three-dimensional representations of the surveyed area.
We used two types of instruments: SinoGNSS T30 GNSS receiver and FJD Trion S1 3D LiDAR Scanner.
About SinoGNSS T30 receiver: Featuring full-constellation tracking capability, tilt compensation, 4G/Wi-Fi/Bluetooth® connection, and easy survey workflow with Android-based Survey Master Software, the T30 GNSS receiver is one of the most reliable choices for your demanding surveying tasks. Collect more accurate data easier and faster no matter for beginners or professional surveyors. Its built-in tilt sensor supports maximum 30 degrees pole tilt, and you can check electronic bubble on the controller for fast survey in the field. Moreover, the T30 GNSS receiver supports L-band frequency and PPP service. With PPP function it can works without any base to get centimeter accuracy results which gives more flexibility for different surveying tasks.
About Trion S1: FJD Trion S1 3D LiDAR scanner offers a new way to "look" at the world around you. With 320,000 scan points per second, Trion S1 3D LiDAR scanner can quickly catch high-quality scans. Powered by Leading SLAM algorithm, Trion S1 can also capture, process, and display accurate point clouds on the mobile terminal in real-time. Real-time display of point cloud and process by SLAM (320,000 Points Per Second, 0.8-2cm Accuracy). Thanks to built-in LiDAR 3D scanning technology, Trion S1 3D LiDAR scanner allows you to capture precise long-range 3D measurements of complex objects and shapes from up to 120 meters. Hot-swappable dual batteries for uninterruptible power supply. Reliable SLAM for scanning across multiple floors. As a 3D LiDAR scanner, it is lightweight and portable, which could be used indoor, outdoor, and underground, even in the sky with drones.
- Project Planning: We gathered information about the project requirements, objectives, and scope. We reviewed any existing documentation or maps related to the area and coordinate with stakeholders to understand their needs.
- Establish Control Points: Control points are reference markers with known coordinates and elevations that serve as a basis for the survey. We set up and measured control points around RK Kastel using SinoGNSS T30 receiver. These control points will be used to tie all subsequent measurements to a common reference frame.
- Data Collection: We used FJD Trion S1 Scanner to collect data at the site. We carefully measured and documented the key features of RK Kastel, such as its corners, edges, and relevant structural details.
- Building Layout: We also performed some form of a building layout survey. This involved marking the positions of the building's foundation, walls, and other structural elements on the ground based on the architectural plans.
- Data Processing: Once the field data was collected, it was processed using specialized software. We organized and analyzed the measurements, performed necessary adjustments, and computed accurate coordinates, elevations, and distances. We also integrated the control points to ensure consistency and accuracy in the final results.
- Reporting and Deliverables: Finally, we prepared a 3D model. This model would provide the necessary information for stakeholders to make informed decisions or proceed with subsequent stages of the project.