A stunning fact: did you know that
tunneling makes up only 1% of the construction market, but it grows at 7%
per year? It's twice as fast compared to the global construction market!
Since the demand and the competition rise, you need quality tunnel surveying. That will provide the best possible data for safe building and distinguish your company from others.
Of course, it's all about precision.
Let's see how tunnel surveying helps you direct the construction of underground structures and all the benefits it provides.
What type of tunnel do you need?
There are three main classifications:
1. Continuous tunnels: this type doesn't have cross-sections
2. Segmented tunnels: this type of tunnel is possible to divide into smaller segments
3. Complex tunnel intersections: most challenging and requires good accuracy
Depending on the project and the
type, a surveyor will make necessary measurements, draw the
underground structure and direct the construction.
Surveying equipment: what is necessary to get optimal data?
Part of the work is done above the
ground, while most is underground.
On the ground, a surveyor uses a combination of GNSS, total stations, and drone surveying.
Underground surveying requires different techniques and knowledge.
In the last few years, 3D laser scanning and Building Information Modelling combined with gyroscopes are becoming the norm and ensuring the most profitable results.
3D laser scanning provides good quality and density of data for calculations of the material used, and it's the biggest asset of this technique.
What are the benefits of tunnel surveying?
· Ensures the work is progressing according to the plan
· Saves time: you can finish your project earlier
· Speeds up the process of designing the tunnel and the construction
· Reduces the costs: we all like it when we save some money, right?
· Ensures the safety of everyone: crucial to avoid any unwanted situation
Tunneling is becoming increasingly popular, and it's growing fast.
Provide quality tunnel surveying
and distinguish your company in this challenging market.
Click on the link below and book a video meeting. We will get to know each other, talk about your wishes and help you to choose the best surveying techniques for all your needs.